As a client you are assisted, through this process, to identify your own strengths, particularly with regard to those that are unknown, undeveloped or unsuspected. You are coached to use these strengths in a positive and productive manner which allows you to recognise new opportunities, make healthy, balanced choices and bring more clarity to your purpose.
When you know what your purpose in life is you know where you are going, and this will give more clarity and direction to your goals.
As you move through this process you will recognise changes in your perspective which will enable you to acknowledge that you are too important not to put yourself first. Knowing your purpose UNCLUTTERS YOUR LIFE.
You can make balanced choices, not those driven by need and when you have clarity in your purpose you become more open to be coached to set real, achievable and purposeful goals.
«This process has tremendous power and approaches the problems of modern living in a palatable and non-confrontational way.» Observation of a coached client.
- Who comes for coaching?
- How long must I commit to if I start working with a coach?
- Can coaching hurt me?
- Can I hire a coach just for short-term projects?
- How much does it cost?
- What about people who are already doing great in their lives . why would they need a coach?
Who comes for coaching?
People who come for coaching are those who:
- Want to change something in their life
- Want more of something
- Are tolerating too much
- Want to switch careers
- Are looking for a bigger goal
- Desire to achieve something more quickly
- Are bored
- Feel something is missing
- Realise they can be much more successful with outside input
- Want to develop/improve relationship skills and communication
- Want to improve general communication skills
How long must I commit to if I start working with a coach?
Some coaches ask for a three to six month commitment, but usually let you stop immediately, if coaching is not working for you right now. Other coaches will discuss what feels comfortable for the client at this time, perhaps going from week to week until the client recognises the value they are receiving and are ready to make a bigger commitment.
Can coaching hurt me?
No. We are not doing psychological work. We are not trying to control the client’s thinking. We are not cattle prods. We are partners.
Can I hire a coach just for short-term projects?
Yes. Some clients hire a coach to help them accomplish specific goals or projects. Often, however, the client will keep working with the coach after that because there are even more interesting things to accomplish.
How much does it cost?
There are a number of packages that we offer that we can discuss with you on request.
What about people who are already doing great in their lives … why would they need a coach?
They may not need a coach, but it is helpful to find out:
- Are they doing what they most enjoy?
- Are they tolerating anything?
- Is life easy?
- Do they have what they most want in life?
- Do they have clarity around their life purpose?
Often, we have discovered that people need to expect more out of their lives and a coach can help in this process.